English Family program at Moreton School, England, for parents and children (3 - 13 years)
The program for families takes place at the Moreton Hall school campus, which is located just a few kilometers from the historic town of Oswestry, within an hour of the international airports in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham. Moreton hall is a prestigious independent boarding school which occupies impressive buildings, surrounded by beautiful parkland. The school boasts excellent facilities, including a golf course, a dance studio, indoor heated pool, indoor sports hall, tennis courts and a theatre room.
The program features separate English courses for parents and young students as well as activities which are partly separate and partly designed to be enjoyed by the whole family.
- Age: 3-13 years old and adults
- Dates: 5 July – 29 August 2020
- Duration: 1-4 weeks
- Organized by: Kings Summer
- Learning center: Click here
- Minimum level: Beginner
- Hours: 15h/week
- Max. students: 12
- Minimum level: Beginner
- Hours: 10h/week
- Max. students: 15
- Distance from school: on campus
- Room: En suite Twin and Triple rooms for parent and child to share
- Board: Full-board. Cold buffet option available. Vegetarian and other dietary requirements on request
- Accommodation arrival day: Sunday
- Accommodation departure day: Saturday
The program includes a full program of sports, activities and excursions (one full-day excursion each Saturday and two half-day excursions or shopping trips per week).
Sample activities for young students: archery, arts and crafts, badminton, music, treasure hunt, lacrosse and other activities in the afternoon, discos, zumba, film night or swimming in the evenings. Alternatively, children can accompany their parents to excursions.
Sample activities for adult students: parents have access to the fitness centre, sports hall and swimming pool. More specialist activities may (professional tennis and golf lessons, personal fitness training or additional English lessons) may be booked for a surcharge.
Sample excursions: Manchester museums, Alton Towers, Warwick castle, Liverpool, Birmingham, Chester
Price: 1 week = 1000 GBP + 85 GBP registration fee per person
The price includes
- 15 hours of English course for adults / 10 hours English course for children
- Placement test
- Welcome party and orientation
- Full program of supervised afternoon and evening activities
- Full-day half-day excursions/shopping trips
- On-campus residence accommodation with full board (parent and child sharing a room)
- Internet access
- Airport transfer: can be arranged if requested, the price depends on the airport: London Heathrow 365 GBP, Liverpool/Manchester 120 GBP, Birmingham 173 GBP, East Midlands 210 GBP (price per family and per way)
- Note: Flights must arrive between 8am and 10pm.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.