Summer Camp in Bath, England, for Juniors 8-17 years old
This summer program for teenagers is based in Bath at Downside School. This Harry Potter style school is one of the oldest and most prestigious Boarding Schools in the country. It is based in a 200-hectare park with a lot of equipments available for the students. Downside School is located 25 minutes away from Bath, in Somerset, and two hours away from London. The campus is equipped with football, cricket and rugby fields, tennis cours, swimming pool, auditorium and computer labs.
- Age: 10-16 years old (separate classes/activities by age group: 8-12 and 13-17)
- Dates: from 01.07.2020 to 19.08.2020
Note: Summer Course Plus Harry Potter start date: 29 July 2020 for 2 weeks
- Duration: 1-4 weeks (1-week bookings accepted to start on the 29/07, 05/08 and 12/08 only)
- Organized by: Kings
- Learning center: Downside School
The lessons are very interactive, they are based on communication, oral comprehension and pronunciation. Lessons include projects, film making, role play, songs and games.
- Minimum level: Beginner
- Lessons: 15 lessons per week
- Summer Course + Tennis: English Course + 6 hours per week of professional tennis coaching (on-site)
- Summer Course + Horse riding: English Course + 6 hours per week of horse riding at approved riding stables
- Summer Course + Harry Potter: English Course + 6 hours per week of Harry Potter themed activities
- Max. students: 15
- Distance from school: on-campus
- Room: Single rooms, with some twin rooms and a few multi-bedded dormitories for 4–8 students.
- Board: Full Board Meals.
- Accommodation arrival day: Wednesday
- Accommodation departure day: Wednesday
- Full program: 940 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Tennis option: 1090 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Horse Riding option: 1200 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Harry Potter option: 1040 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- Day time sports and activities programme, with a choice of at least 2-3 activities per session
- Full programme of evening activities
- 2-3 excursions per week
- Full-board residential accommodation
- Placement test and regular progress tests
- Welcome party and orientation
- 24-hour supervision
- End-of-course certificate
- Internet access
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 18 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Heathrow 200 GBP, Gatwick/Stansted/Luton 220 GBP, St Pancras 260 GBP, Bristol 70 GBP (price per way)
- Heathrow Economy transfer 70 GBP per way: offered on Wednesdays for flights arriving between 10:00 – 18:00 and departing between 11:00 – 19:00. Transfer is on special school buses and students might have to wait at the airport 2-3 hours (supervision provided during that time).
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: 65 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.