The “Department of Student Life” at our partner school in Fort Lauderdale organizes a monthly calendar of events and is available to provide information or make reservations for available excursions or events. In addition, the school hosts parties for a wide variety of occasions and regards the many activities as an important component of the student’s total experience.These are some sample acitivities:
- Music Day: The origins of Jazz & Blues. While enjoying the music, you can improve your listening skills in the meantime.
- BBQs at the Beach: You will have the chance to gather with fellow students at the beach for a round of volleyball and a good old fashioned American style Barbeque. The school provides FREE chips, sodas, water, bread, condiments, fruit, popcorn, ice, charcoal, desserts for all participants
- Field Trips: Visits to museums, the County jail, courthouse, City Hall, newspaper-editing facilities. These exciting activities are considered part of the course and are included in the tuition fee
- International Banquets: A monthly event where students share recipes and dine on cuisine from around the world. The school provides FREE water, sodas, chips, bread and dessert.
- Shopping excursions to great outlet centers.
Additionally, you can purchase a local Tri-Rail ticket and “shop till you drop” at Miami’s spectacular Bayside Marketplace. The exciting Sawgrass Mills and Aventura shopping malls can be reached by public transportation. Miami’s internationally famous South Beach, city parks, Miami Seaquarium, MetroZoo, Vizcaya Museum, and Morikami Museum are only a 40-minute drive away from the school.
Entrance fees and transport tickets are not covered by the school.