English Family program in Newcastle, North England, for parents and children aged 13 – 17 years
The English program for families in Newcastle is organized by our partner school IH Newcastle, which is located in heart of the lively student city Newcastle. The program is an ideal choice for parents and children who would like to enjoy active holiday in North England while attending specially designed English courses and participating in exciting activities together.
- Age: 13-17 years old, accompanied by adults
- Dates: Winter program = from 6th January to 10th February 2019 / Summer program = from 23rd June to 11th August 2019
- Duration: minimum of 2 weeks
- Organized by: IH Newcastle
- Learning center:click here
Adult course: while their children are in the junior course, the parents take part in the adult English course offered by the language school. The course focuses on all areas of general English and due to the communicative methodology, especial focus is placed on speaking and listening.
- Minimum level: A1
- Lessons per week: 20
- Max students: 12
Junior course (13 – 17 years):
- Minimum level: A1
- Lessons: 15 hours of English Language classes and 10 hours of educational fun activities per week
- Max. students: 15
Parents and children stay with local homestays which live mostly about 20 minutes from the school. Accommodation can be arranged in single or twin rooms.
Alternatively, families can arrange their own accommodation and only book the language courses with the school.
Children who booked the course with 15 lessons per week take part in afternoon activities together with other young students. At the weekends, the school offers excursions which can be booked upon arrival for a surcharge and which the family can enjoy together.
Sample activities for juniors: city tour and the Angel of the North, BBC tour, St. James Park tour,
Sample weekend excursions: Durham, York, ancient castles of Northumbria, Hadrian´s wall and Lake District, Edinburgh
Adult (Course only): 240 GBP per week + 50 GBP registration fee/person
Junior Package (course + activities + accommodation): 620 GBP per week
Homestay (half board):
- 1 bedroom (1 adult + 1 child): 240 GBP per week
- 2 bedrooms (1 adult + 1-2 children or 2 adults + 1 child): 400 GBP per week
The price includes
- English course (20 lessons for the adult course, 15 or 25 lessons for the junior course)
- Placement test and learning materials
- Activities in the afternoon for junior students (only applies to junior students who booked the course with 15 lessons)
- Accommodation as booked
- Airport transfer: can be arranged from Newcastle airport, the price for 2-4 people travelling together is 40 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.