English Family program in London, for parents and children aged 6 – 16 years
The English program for families in London takes places in the heart of London: Kensington. The program is designed for parents and children who would like to enjoy active holiday in England while attending specially designed English courses and participating in exciting activities together.
Children’s age: 6 – 16 years old
- Winter 2020: 23.12.2019 to 31.01.2020 (Public holidays: 25.12, 26.12.2019 and 01.01.2020)
- Spring 2020: 23.03.2020 to 01.05.2020 (Public holidays: 10.04 and 13.04.2020)
- Summer 2020: 15.06.2020 to 28.08.2020
- Autumn 2020: 19.10.2020 to 30.10.2020
- Winter 2020/2021: 21.12.2020 to 29.01.2021 (Public holidays: 25.12, 28.12.2020 and 01.01.2021)
Duration: 1-11 weeks
Frances King School location:
-Winter-Spring-Autumn: Gloucester Road station
The course includes for adults and children 20 English lessons per weeks, a placement test and learning materials.
Adult course (21+ years): parents take part in an English course which covers all aspects of general English, while emphasizing spoken language and the ability communicate.
- Minimum level: A2 (in summer A1)
- Schedule: 09:00 – 12:50
- Max. students: 10
Junior course (6 – 16 years): young learners will participate in a fun course with emphasis on spoken English and communication. The course includes imaginative activities and group project work that encourages speaking and rapid learning.
- Minimum level: A1
- Schedule: 09:00 – 13:00
- Max. students: 15
Accommodation for families can be arranged in homestays (standard or premium).
- Distance from school: 15 to 45 minutes in public transport
- Availability for: 1 Adult +1 Child taking English course
- Accommodation arrival day: Saturday or Sunday*
- Accommodation departure day: Saturday or Sunday*
Alternatively, the school can arrange accommodation in studios or apartments near the school.
* Please note the arrival and departure days are either Sat to Sat, Sun to Sun or Sun to Sat.
The family program includes activities for the whole family to enjoy together the time spent in London.
- Sample activities: Tower of London, Covent Garden walk, Harry Potter Walk, Madame Tussauds, London zoo and others (entrance fee has to be covered for some activities).
- 2 to 3 activities per week
- Weekend excursions for a surcharge.
- Adult course 2020: 420 GBP per week (a special discount applies to stays of 4 weeks and more)
- Junior course 2020: 366 GBP per week (a special discount applies to stays of 4 weeks and more)
- Registration fee: 125 GBP per family
- Standard Homestay: twin room with breakfast 138 GBP / week per person, twin room with half board 175 GBP per person
- Premium Homestay: twin room with breakfast 162 GBP per person, twin room with half board 220 GBP per person
* accommodation supplements apply during the Christmas Holidays
- Placement test and assessment
- Welcome pack
- School certificate
- Some optional activities
Airport transfers *:
- 1-3 people travelling together: Heathrow 95 GBP, Gatwick 120 GBP, Stansted/Luton 130 GBP, London City 100 GBP, St. Pancras 90 GBP (price per way)
- 4-7 people travelling together: Heathrow 120 GBP, Gatwick 160 GBP, Stansted/Luton 160 GBP, City 130 GBP, St. Pancras 120 GBP (price per way)
- Arrivals/departures between 23:00 and 05:00: 15 GBP per way
* Double fares apply on public holidays and December 24-26, 28, 31 2019/2020 ; January 1st, 2020/2021
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.