Career English in Practice New York, USA (EC)
Gain work experience by combining your English course with an internship in one of the major cities in the USA! This is a great opportunity to find out how American companies are run, to practice your English in a real business setting and to get a valuable asset for your CV.
This program is available at the following of our partner school:
- EC New York
Before starting the work placement, all students have to attend an English course for at least 8 weeks (24 or 30 lessons per week). The minimum level required to enter this program is B1.
After the 8-week initial period, you will continue attending your English course and will start your work placement.
The length of the internship is between 4 and 8 weeks, the maximum number of weeks differ depending on your student status as permitted by your student visa.
Depending on the English course chosen, the program will have the following structure:
- 24 English lessons + 10 hours of internship (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) per week
- 30 English lessons + 5 hours of internship per week
2017 internship placement fee: 750 USD
Included in the price: opportunity to interview for an internship (see details below) and monitoring throughout the internship
- Minimum age: 18 years
- The application must be sent at least 8 weeks in advance
- The student must have an up-to-date CV
- The school will arrange a maximum of two interviews with companies (in case you are unsuccessful in the first interview).
- If you are not happy with your placement, you will have to accept a work placement with the language school
- In case none of the interviews works out, you might either accept a placement with the language school or have the placement fee refunded
- The location of the work placement cannot be guaranteed