Job Preparation Workshops (NZLC)
Join the job preparations workshops that are offered by our partner schools in Auckland and Wellington and will help you find an internship placement or paid work during your stay in New Zealand.
You can attend the workshops free of charge if you are enrolled in an English course at the school. The workshops take place once a week after school and are designed to help you with various work-related themes such as the following:
- CV writing
- Job interview preparation
- Assistance with the legal documents (IRD number application…)
- Where to search for jobs in New Zealand
- Work experience or Volunteer placement?
- Fruit picking or vineyard work?
- Assistance with WWOOF registration
- Au pair Placement
- Internship programs
Students usually find a job in the following sectors:
- Assistant Teacher
- Social work
- Students travelling with a Working Holiday Visa can work full-time
- Students travelling with a student visa can work up to 20 hours per week while taking a full-time course at our Partner School for at least 14 weeks
- In order to be able to work in New Zealand, you need either the working holiday visa or the student visa (part-time work permit available with full-time courses of at least 14 weeks)
- This is just a support with finding paid or unpaid work during your stay, no placement is guaranteed.