Summer language programs for teens in Cologne, Germany!
Do you think a lot of time and patience is essential for learning German? Yes, you're right, but not as much as to build a cathedral ... The most famous attraction of the city of Cologne which took 632 years to complete. It measures 157 meters and can accommodate up to 20,000 people. The cathedral is the symbol of the city of Cologne. Around it, around it you can find many restaurants, cafes and bars. And if you decide to take a dip in the Rhine during the summer, the high towers of the Cathedral will give you shade and help you avoid sunburns!
- Age: 14 to 17 years old
- Dates: from 23.06. to 03.08.19
- Duration: 2-6 weeks
- Organized by: DID Deutsch Institut
- Learning center: Click here
- Number of lessons: 20 lessons per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes)
- Students per group: 10 to 12, maximum 15
- Level: Courses are offered to students with a German level from A1 to C1 (not available for 100% beginners).
- Schedule: 9h to 12h30
- Distance from school: 45 min. max by public transport
- Rooms: Double rooms
- Meals: Full board
- Arrival and departure day: Sunday / Saturday
The program includes activities and excursions. Students have free afternoons when they can visit the town with friends. For parents who do not want their children to be free in the afternoon, we will give you more information about a possible program upon request.
Examples of activities ans excursions: Tour of Cologne, visit of sports museum, guided tour of the cathedral of Cologne, visit of the chocolate museum, swimming pool, zoo, farewell dinner, cross the river by tram, visit the park of the Rhine, excursion at Hellenthal, Blackfoot beach, Château Brühl, aquarium of Königswinter etc.
Included: 4 activities + 1excursion per week (admission included)
Included in the price of the language program:
- Teaching tools
- Level assessment test upon arrival
- End of course certificate
- 20 lessons/week
- 4 activities per week & 1 full day excursion
- Housing in host family, full board
- Local transportation pass
- Airport transfers not included (compulsory for minors traveling alone): Cologne 70 EUR per way / Düsseldorf DUS 150 EUR per way for arrivals and departures between 8:00 and 20:00
- Transfer from Cologne Train Station: 25 EUR per way for arrivals and departures between 8:00 and 20:00
- For arrivals / departures before 8 am and after 8 pm: 35 EUR surcharge per way
- Unaccompanied minors: 35 EUR surcharge per way
- Single room supplement: 75 EUR extra per week
* Flights, International health Insurance and airport transfer are not included in the price.