Winter English Program in New York, USA for teenagers from 13 to 17 years old
Discover New York’s magical winter atmosphere and enjoy holidays in one of the major American cities!
This Winter Program in New York has been designed for young students of English between 13 and 17, who are looking for more than just and English course. The various options on this program which are listed below allow students to focus their learning on one of the offered areas.
In winter, lessons take place in out Partner’s school in Manhattan, only steps away from Grand Central Station or the United Nations headquarters. Times Square, the Lincoln Center, Broadway and Central Park are also nearby. Students will enjoy all the facilities offered in this modern building: student lounge, free internet access, vending machines…
The English course consists of 10 lessons general English and 10 lessons workshops. For the workshops, students can choose to focus on one of the themes below:
- Media: for students willing to discover the world of media from the inside, from commercials to newscasts and TV scenes.
- New York Culture: for students interested in knowing more about the city and discover the history, culture and specificities of each neighborhood.
- Fashion: for those interested in fashion, this is a great opportunity to learn more about it in New York, one of the world´s fashion capitals.
- Hip Hop: for students who enjoy dancing and who want to discover the amazing history of Hip Hop, a dance born in New York. This option includes excursions to Hush Hip Hop Museum, Museum of City of New York, Universal Hip Hop Museum
In winter the students will stay in The Pod39 Hotel in Manhattan (walking distance to school). The students will be supervised by the school’s staff, the hotel also includes a 24-hour security service.
- Twin rooms with private bathroom
- Full board Monday to Friday and half board during the weekend (restaurant in the hotel)
- 2 TVS per room
- Cleaning service included
- 24-hour security
The program includes various activities and excursions. Students will enjoy the very special winter atmosphere in New York every day and can even add to their stay a New Year’s Eve Celebration Package (contact us for prices).
Examples of activities and excursions: ice skating and winter sports in Central Park, American Museum of Natural History, Top of the Rock, Great Wolf Indoor Waterpark, Woodbury Common Shopping Outlet.
Included in the program: 5 half-day excursions + 1 full-day excursion per week
The program is also available as a day program from Monday – Friday. Please, contact us for more information.
Dance option: 3 hours of dance classes per week at Broadway Dance Center (supplement of 65 USD per week)
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 13 - 17
Duration: 2 – 4 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: from 01.01.2018 to 27.01.2018
- 125 USD registration fee
- 2 weeks 3070 USD / 3 weeks 4500 USD / 4 weeks 6000 USD
- Day Program (without accommodation): 900 USD per week
What is included in the price?
- English course (10+10 lessons per week)
- Creative workshops and excursions
- 5 half-day excursions or activities + 1 full-day excursion per week
- Accommodation in the student residence in shared rooms
- full-board from Monday till Friday and a half-board at the weekend
- 24/07 security at the residence
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program
- Airport transfer: all students travelling alone have to book an airport transfer. The price is 260 USD for both ways.
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: the extra service for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline is already included in the transfer price.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.