Winter Program in Miami, USA, 13-17 years old
The junior winter program in Miami for students between 13 and 17 is an incredible opportunity for young learners to discover the USA while improving their English. Students will be able to choose between different options matching their interests in order to develop their communication skills.
The students will also have access to all facilities the school has to offer such as computer lab, student lounge, outdoor terrace…
The English course is divided between 10 lessons of general English and 10 lessons of workshops. For the workshops, students can choose to focus on one of the themes below:
- Miami Culture: for those who want to discover and understand the local culture. This option includes field trips to Little Havana and Vizcaya Museum and Garden
- Fashion and Design: develop your design skills in this city with a unique style! This option includes excursions to Miami Design Lab, PAMM and an Art Deco Tour
- Florida Ecosystems: by choosing this option you will learn all about sea life and all the animals living in our oceans. This option includes a Biscayne National Park Nature Trail and a Snorkeling trip.
- Business and Leadership: for students who are ready to take one step forward. Gain advantage for your future career! This option includes field trips to University of Miami and a Company Tour
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes
- 10 General English lessons focused on communication + 10 workshops
- Maximum 12 students per class
Students will enjoy a great standard of accommodation in a supervised Hostel in Miami Beach with spacious rooms. The Hostel is 5 minutes away from the beach which is a great location for young students. School’s staff supervisors live in the residence to provide supervision along with the front desk security staff. The school is within walking distance from the Hostel (10 minutes walking).
- 6 to 8 students per room, private bathroom
- Full board Monday to Friday and half board during the weekend (restaurant in the hotel)
- Cleaning service included
- 24-hour security
This program includes a wide range of activities and excursions. The students will be able to discover the local culture with their new international friends.
Included: 5 half-day + 1 full day excursions/activities per week
Example of activities and excursions: Art Deco District Tour, Swimming and Volleyball in South Beach, shopping, Miami Seaquarium, Florida Everglades airboat ride, River Kayaking, Jungle Island Tour, salsa dancing, ice cream party, karaoke night…
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 13 – 17 years
Duration: 2-4 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: 01.01 - 27.01.2018
- Price: 125 USD registration fee
- 2 weeks 3070 USD / 3 weeks 4500 USD / 4 weeks 6000 USD
- Day Program (without accommodation): 900 USD per week
The price includes
- English course (10+10 lessons per week)
- Creative workshops and excursions
- 5 half day + 1 full day excursions/activities per week
- Accommodation in shared rooms
- full-board from Monday till Friday and a half-board at the weekend
- 24/07 security at the Hostel
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program
- Airport transfer: all students travelling alone have to book an airport transfer. The price is 240 USD for both ways.
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: the extra service for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline is already included in the transfer price.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.