Winter Program for Young Students of English in Los Angeles, USA (14 - 17 years)
During the winter program, lessons take place in the school premises (ELC Los Angeles) on the famous Wilshire Boulevard, close to Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. The students will have free access to the computer lab and the student lounge.
The course covers all main areas of language: reading, writing and grammar as well as speaking and pronunciation.
- Lessons: 20 lessons per week (1 lesson = 50 minutes)
- Level: from beginner to advanced
The students will stay with local Host Families. They will have an insight of the real everyday life in an American family and will discover the local culture.
- Rooms: twin rooms (shared with a student from a different country)
- Meals: half board
The program includes a varied choice of sports and cultural activities. There are further activities in the evening and an excursion on Saturday which can be added for a surcharge.
Included: afternoon activities from Monday to Friday and a full-day excursion on Sunday
Examples of activities and excursions: Hollywood Walf of Fame, The Grove, Santa Monica Pier, Shopping at Third Street Promenade, Table Tennis Tournament, Venice Beach, Pizza & Movie, Bowling, Universal Studios, Hiking & Picnic at Temescal Canyon, Santa Barbara
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 14 – 17 years
Duration: 1 – 5 weeks
Arrival day: Saturday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: from 06.01 to 10.02.2018
Price: 1 week 1715 USD, 2 weeks 2970 USD, 3 weeks 4260 USD, 4 weeks 5500 USD, 5 weeks 6675 USD
The price includes
- 20 lessons per week (Monday - Friday)
- accommodation in local host families with half board
- Daily activities (Monday – Friday)
- a full-day excursion every Sunday
- Attendance certificate at the end of the program
- Learning materials
- Airport transfer: there is a compulsory 130 USD transportation fee which includes two-way airport transfer (for flights arriving and departing between 09:00 and 21:00) and transportation to/from the activities.
- Flights landing/departing before 9am or after 9pm: 170 USD one way/310 USD round trip
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: if the students are registered as unaccompanied minors with the airline, there is an additional fee of 50 USD per way.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.