Summer English Program for Young Students of English in New York, USA (13 - 17 years)
Enjoy Summer in one of the Top Cities in the USA and experience life on an American Campus in New York!
The junior program in New York has been designed for young students of English between 13 and 17, who are looking for more than just and English course. The various options on this program which are listed below allow students to focus their learning on one of the offered areas.
The program is run at the fantastic campus of the Iona College in New Rochelle, which is located in an exclusive area of Westchester, only 30 minutes by train from the Grand Central Station in Midtown Manhattan. Students stay in a safe and lively area with a traditional college atmosphere, yet within easy reach of all the exciting sights New York has to offer.
On the campus, students have access to all facilities such as the library, various sports pitches (football, baseball and softball), a wellness centre, wire-free internet access and a cafeteria.
The English course consists of 10 lessons general English and 10 lessons workshops. For the workshops, students can choose to focus on one of the themes below.
- American Sports: for fans of sports.
- Fashion: for those interested in fashion, this is a great opportunity to learn more about it in New York, one of the world´s fashion capitals.
- Broadway: for students who enjoy live performances and shows. There is only one Broadway and it is located in the Big Apple!
- Film & Multimedia: discover the making of the greatest American movies and imagine yourself as a TV producer.
Young students stay in student residences directly on the campus. Boy and girls stay in separate residences. The residences are divided into apartments, each apartment can take up to 10 students in two twin and two triple rooms. Moreover, there is a living area, kitchen and two bathrooms in each apartment. Further common facilities include a games room, living area with a cable TV and a DVD player and a laundry room. Bed linens are provided, students should bring their own towels. Laundry can be done for a small charge. After arrival, students pay a returnable deposit (details will be confirmed upon booking). Wifi is available throughout the campus.
The program includes various activities and excursions (3 half-day excursions to New York City and one full-day excursion per week): Statue of Liberty and & Ellis Island, Broadway Show, Bronx Zoo, MOMA, Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge & WTC, sports activities, American Museum of Natural History, Sony Wonder Technology Lab, Metropolitan Museum, Jones Beach, hiking in Briarcliff Peekskill, Woodbury Outlets Shopping, barbecue, Guggenheim Museum, Six Flags leisure park, Central Park, party and more.
The program is also available as a day program from Monday – Friday. Please, contact us for more information.
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 13 - 17
Duration: 2-7 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: from 24.06.2017 to 11.08.2018
Prices: 1700 USD per week + 125 USD registration fee
Day Program (without accommodation):1075 USD per week + 125 USD registration fee
Course only: 500 USD per week + 125 USD registration fee
What is included in the price?
- English course (10+10 lessons per week)
- Creative workshops and excursions
- Accommodation in the student residence in shared rooms with full-board from Monday till Friday and a half-board at the weekend
- Max. 15 students per group
- 24/07 security on the campus
- For students of all levels from beginners till advanced
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program
- Airport transfer: all students travelling alone have to book an airport transfer. The price is 300 USD for both ways.
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: the extra service for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline is already included in the transfer price.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.