Summer Program for Young Students of English in Fort Lauderdale, USA (14 - 18 years)
The summer program for young students of English in Fort Lauderdale has been designed for students between 14 and 18 years, who would like to discover America and take back unforgettable experiences from their summer holiday. The program includes English course in international groups and a varied program of leisure activities and excursions.
Fort Lauderdale, which is known as Venice of America, is a rich, safe and exclusive area. With average temperatures of about 25 degrees and the long sandy beaches, it is the perfect place to spend summer. Our partner school is comfortably located in the city centre, just a few minutes on foot from Las Olas Boulevard with numerous shops, restaurants and entertainment opportunities.
The English course consists of 17 group lessons (1 lesson = 60 minutes) per week. The dynamic course covers all main areas of English language: listening, speaking, reading and writing, with especial focus on spoken communication. On the first day, the students take a written level test followed by an interview and are put together in groups with students on similar level. The courses are offered on all level with the exception of total beginners. Furthermore, there is an orientation activity on the first day to make sure students settle in smoothly.
1. Hotel residence (14 – 18 years): accommodation in a 4-star luxurious hotel with a tropical pool and jacuzzi. Students stare triple rooms with ensuite bathroom facilities. Cleaning service is provided, bed linen is included. Students can do their laundry onsite. This accommodation option includes full board (lunch at the school, half-board at the weekend). Each day, students are taken to and back from the school by a private bus.
2. Host family (15-18 years): homestay accommodation is the best way to experience the American life first-hand. All families are carefully selected, students stay in twin rooms with another student of a different nationality. Bed linen and towels are provided, students can do their laundry in the family and have access to the Internet. The families live 15-30 minutes from the school by bus, students make their way to and from the school on their own. The students will be given a bus pass. Note: homestay accommodation is not recommended to students travelling alone and is especially suitable for groups. This accommodation option includes full board (lunch at the school, half-board at the weekends)
The program includes leisure activities every afternoon from Monday to Friday and a full-day excursion every Saturday and on some of he Sundays. In the afternoon, students take part in social activities, spend afternoons at the beach or head for half-day excursions. For students staying in the hotel, there is an additional evening activity every day.
Examples of activities and excursions: Miami at night, ride through the canals of Fort Lauderdale, bowling, movie night, tour through Miami with a guide, NASA/Cape Canaveral, Palm Beach, east coast. Optional excursions can be booked against a surcharge: Key West, Orlando.
2017 Dates and Fees
Age: 14 – 18 for hotel accommodation, 15 – 18 for homestay accommodation
Duration: 2 – 3 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2017: the program runs from 02.07 to 19.08.2017
Hotel accommodation: 2 weeks: 2750 USD / 3 weeks: 4125 USD + 150 USD registration fee
Homestay accommodation: 2 weeks: 2390 USD / 3 weeks: 3585 USD + 150 USD registration fee
The price includes
- 17 English lessons per eek (1 lesson = 60 minutes)
- Accommodation in a hotel or homestay
- Activities during the week
- 3 half day excursions
- Full-day excursion at the weekend
- Attendance certificate + books
- Airport transfer: airport transfer must be booked by all students travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Fort Lauderdale Int. – 110 USD per way, Miami Int. – 180 USD per way.
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: students booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline will be charged a supplement of USD 200 (applies to departure only).
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.