Summer Program for Young Students of English in Los Angeles at UCLA, USA (11 - 17 years)
The summer program for young students of English at the UCLA Campus take place in a exclusive area in the western part of Los Angeles (Westside), near Beverly Hills and Hollywood. This summer program is a great opportunity to spend summer at a campus of one of the most prestigious universities in the world, the University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Age: 11 to 17 years old
- Dates: from 22/06/19 to 17/08/19
- Duration: 1-8 weeks
- Organized by: ELC
- Learning center: Click here
The course covers all main areas of language: reading, writing and grammar as well as speaking and pronunciation.
- Lessons: 20 lessons per week (1 lesson = 50 minutes)
- Level: from beginner to advanced
- Max students: 15
- Schedule: 9h to 12h45
Accommodation is provided in a student residence directly on the campus of UCLA. Students have access to the library, book shop and the “Ackermann Student Union” with various facilities. Moreover, students can use the leisure centre Sunset Canyon and the sports centre “Wooden Athletic Center”. Here, students will find a swimming pool, basketball pitch and a fitness room. Last but not least, students have access to the IT rooms and a WLAN connection.
- Rooms: Doubles and triples
- Meals: full board Monday to Friday, half board on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday
- Bed linen and towels: provided
- Arrival and departure day: Saturday
The program includes a varied choice of sports and cultural activities. There are further activities in the evening and an excursion on Saturday which can be added for a surcharge.
Included: afternoon activities from Monday to Friday and a full-day excursion on Sunday
Afternoon Activities and full-day excursions: Six Flags Leisure Park, LA County Museum of Art, Hollywood, Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive, The Grove, Disney Land (optional: for a surcharge)
Film Explorer: Students choosing this option will have the opportunity to discover the world of Film Making through different workshops: screenwriting, acting, filming…
Price: 1 week 1985 USD, 2 weeks 3650 USD, 3 weeks 5325 USD, 4 weeks 6875 USD, additional week 1675 USD
The price includes
- 20 lessons per week (Monday - Friday)
- residence accommodation with full board (half-board on Saturday and breakfast only on Sunday)
- Daily activities (Monday – Friday)
- a full-day excursion every Sunday
- Attendance certificate at the end of the program
- Learning materials
- Airport transfer: there is a compulsory 130 USD transportation fee which includes two-way airport transfer (for flights arriving and departing between 09:00 and 21:00) and transportation to/from the activities.
- Flights landing/departing before 9am or after 9pm: 140 USD one way/270 USD round trip (supplement of 30 USD per way between 00.00 and 06.00)
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: if the students are registered as unaccompanied minors with the airline, there is an additional fee of 50 USD per way.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.