Summer Program for Young Students of English in Boston Wheelock College, USA (14 - 17 years)
Boston belongs among the most international cities in the USA. Apart from the long history, Boston houses 60 universities, such as the Harvard university, the most famous and valued university in the USA.
The summer program for young students in English in Boston takes place at the campus of the Wheelock College, which is located in the heart of the Fenway neighborhood. Students live on the campus during their stay, where they have access to various facilities such as the Pilgrim Student Center, with a piano, table football and computes. Moreover, students can use the local library, book shop and a computer room with Internet access, as well as a language laboratory for self-study. The Wheelock College campus is located only a few minutes from a public park with sports ground and a basketball field.
The course covers all areas of English, with especial focus on communication.
- Lessons: 20 lessons per week (1 lesson = 50 minutes)
- Level: from beginner to advanced
Each room is equipped with beds, closets, and a table with chairs. Meals are taken in a modern and cozy cafeteria.
- Rooms: 2 or 4 beds
- Meals: full board Monday to Friday, half board on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday
- Bed linen and towels: provided
- Laundy: on-site (1.25 USD per wash and per dry)
The program includes a varied social, cultural and sports activities which take place in the afternoons from Monday to Friday. On Sundays, students enjoy a full-day excursion. Optional evening activities or a Saturday excursion can be added for a surcharge. Please, contact us for more information.
Examples of Afternoon Activities and full-day excursions: Six Flags Leisure Park, Harvard Square, Museum of Fine Arts, Georges Island, Newbury Street Shopping, New York City – optional: for a surcharge
Sports Explorer: Students can choose this option and enjoy unique activities such as table tennis tournaments, YMCA swimming or a visit to Boston Sports Museum.
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 14 – 17 years
Duration: 1 – 7 weeks
Arrival day: Saturday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: 23.06 - 11.08.2018
Price: 1 week 1745 USD, 2 weeks 3240 USD, 3 weeks 4740 USD, 4 weeks 6130 USD, additional week 1505 USD
What is included in the price?
- 20 lessons per week (Monday - Friday)
- residence accommodation with full board (half-board on Saturday and breakfast only on Sunday)
- daily activites (Monday - Friday)
- full-day excursion on Sunday
- certificate of attendance + learning materials
- Airport transfer: there is a compulsory 130 USD transportation fee which includes two-way airport transfer (for flights arriving and departing between 09:00 and 21:00) and transportation to/from the activities.
- Flights landing/departing before 9am or after 9pm: 150 USD one way, 290 USD round trip (supplement of 30 USD per way between 00.00 and 06.00)
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: if the students are registered as unaccompanied minors with the airline, there is an additional fee of 50 USD per way.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.