English Junior Program at Stirling University (Edinburgh) for young students 11 – 17
The Junior program in Edinburgh is a great opportunity for young learners of English to discover the beautiful city, learn about Scottish history and culture, have fun and make new friends while improving their English!
The English program takes place at Stirling University, which is located between Edinburgh and Glasgow. The campus is set within a beautiful park and there is a 18th century Castle nearby. The students will have access to the University facilities: modern classrooms and teaching tools, sports facilities….
The English course is complemented with 5 hours of creative projects work where students further develop their English through creativity, communication, problem solving and teamwork skills. Projects include activities such as video production, photography, dance and drama.
- 15 lessons + 5 creative projects per week (20 hours)
- End of course certificate and progress report
- All levels from beginner to advanced
Students are accommodated directly on campus and will fully experience the everyday life on a Scottish University campus. The residence offers new and modern facilities.
- Single rooms with private bathroom
- Full board
- Directly on campus
A full activities program is included. From Monday till Friday, there are everyday afternoon and evening activities which either take place on campus or take students to interesting places in and around Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Examples of activities and excursions: sport (gold, swimming, tennis, zumba…), quiz night, Stirling Castle, treasure hunt, talent show, crafts, Edinburgh, Scottish Parliament, Royal Mile, barbecue….
Included: activities + 1 full-day + 2 half-day excursions per week
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 11 – 17 years
Duration: 1 – 4 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: the program runs from 24.06 – 21.07.2018
Price: 1 week = 780 GBP
The price includes:
- 15 hours of English course + 5 hours of creative project work each week
- Activities + 1 full-day + 2 half-day excursions per week
- On-campus accommodation
- Full board
- All teaching materials
- End of course certificate
- Airport transfer: compulsory for minors travelling alone. Arrivals between 08.00 and 20.00, departures between 10.00 and 22.00: Edinburgh or Glasgow International 80 GBP per way / Glasgow Prestwick Airport 120 GBP per way
- Transfers outside given time: supplement of 50 GBP per way
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline: 125 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.