Summer Program for Juniors at Cork University College, Ireland, 9-17 years
Cork is a very nice city in the south of Ireland, 2.5 hours away from the capital, Dublin. Cork is the second biggest city of the country, it’s a city between tradition and modernism, the atmosphere is very friendly and local people are very welcoming.
This Junior program takes places at University College Cork, a famous University in the middle of a 44-acre park, 15 minutes away from Cork city center. The students will be able to enjoy on-campus facilities such as sports complex, swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball arena…
There is also a restaurant where the students will take their meals. The teenagers will have a great time in this University atmosphere with all their international friends.
Students will be divided into two groups depending on their age: 9-12 years old and 13-17 years old.
The English program takes place in international classes with expert teachers. The aim of the course is for the students to be able to communicate easily and interact with other international students and local people in their everyday life. The lessons are very interactive and innovative.
The classrooms are fully-equipped and the students will also have access to the computer lab.
- 15 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes)
- Max. 15 students per class
- All levels from beginner to advanced
Two accommodation options are available:
1- Residential accommodation
Students choosing this accommodation option will live directly on-campus in modern apartments.
Every night, students will have a “house meeting” with their supervisor to talk about the day and make sure every teenager is having a good time.
- Single rooms with private bathroom
- Full board (meals taken at the University restaurant)
- Shared living room with TV
- Bed linens and towels: included
2- Host Families
Students can also choose to stay with local Host Families. The families are carefully selected by the school and located close to the University. A public transportation will be given to the students.
- Twin or triple room (with students from different countries)
- Full board: breakfast and dinner with the family, lunch at school
- Bus ticket included
This Junior program included a big range of activities: local excursion in the afternoon during the week and sports activities.
Example of afternoon activities and excursions: tours in Cork, sport...
Example of evening activities: bowling, karaoke, Irish dancing, treasure hunt, lip sync contests, talent show, casino, roller disco…
Included every week: activities every afternoon + 2 half-day excursions in Cork + 1 full-day excursion + evening activities (every day for students staying in the residence, twice a week for homestay students).
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 09 – 12 and 13-17 years old
Duration: min. 1 week
Arrival and departure on Sunday
Dates 2018: the program runs between 02.07 - 10.08.2018
- Host Family program: 700 EUR per week
- Residential program: 800 EUR per week
The price includes
- 15 lessons per week (Monday to Friday)
- Homestay or residential accommodation
- Full board
- Full activities program
- Full-day excursion every week
- 2 half-day excursions in Cork every week
- Certificate of attendance at the end of the program
- Learning materials + books
- Transport ticket for homestay students
- International Health and Travel insurance
- Airport transfer Cork: 50 EUR per way from Cork Airport.
- Airport transfer Dublin: 80 EUR per way from Dublin Airport (accompanied with school representative by Aircoach)
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: 30 EUR per way for students registered as unaccompagnied minors with the airline
Note: the prices do not include flights which have to be booked separately.