Summer Program for Young Students of English in Cork, Ireland (12 - 17 years)
Cork is located in the south of Ireland. Apart from being the second largest city of the country, it also is the capital of the Munster province. The city has about 150.000 inhabitants and its history and location combine in a fascinating mixture of tradition and modernity. Our partner school has been organizing the programs for young students of English since 28 years. All summer programs are innovative and interesting, their main aim is to enhance the ability of young students to communicate in English through educational activities. The junior program takes place at the Douglas Community School. All activities are accompanied by supervisors, the program is accredited by the irish ministry of Education.
The junior English program in Cork (2 to 4 weeks) is a combination of an English course in the morning hours with sports and cultural activitie in the afternoon and in the evening. The English course has 20 lessons per week (15 hours), which take place in groups of 12-15 students. The tuition takes place from Monday to Friday from 09:00 - 12.15. The program is offered to students of all levels from beginners till advanced students. The tuition aims at improving the ability to communicate in English and includes work in pairs and groups.
All students are accommodated by local hosts, which are carefully chosen by the language school. Most families live in residential areas, about 2-3 kilometers from the school. Students get to school by bus in about 15-20, max. 30 minutes. After arrival, students need to buy a bus pass (about 25 EUR / week). Students stay in twin rooms with shared bathroom, the program includes full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) meals. Each rooms is equipped with a closet and a desk, bed linen and towels are included, students can wash their clothes once a week. Students travelling in groups can stay in single rooms in a residence (please, contact us for further information).
The program for young students of English includes a varied social, sport and cultural activities, which take place in the afternoon and in the evening. Students can choose from various options. At the weekend, there are excursions to various places of interest in Cork and nearby.
• English + activities: included in price
• English + horse riding: can be booked for a surcharge (175 EUR per week)
• English + golf: can be booked for a surcharge (275 EUR per week)
- English + rugby: can be booked for a surcharge (175 EUR per week)
2017 Dates and Fees
Age: 12 – 17 years
Duration: 2 - 4 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Sunday
Dates 2017: the program runs from 26.06. to 25.08.2017
Price: 2 weeks 1400 EUR, 3 weeks 2100 EUR, 4 weeks 2800 EUR
What is included in the price
- 20 English lessons per week (Monday - Friday)
- Homestay accommodation ink. Full board
- Full activities program
- Full-day excursion at the weekend
- Registration fee
- Certificate of attendance
- Airport transfer to and from Cork airport
- Airport transfer: included to/from Cork Airport. If students arrive and depart from Dublin, the following can be organized against a surcharge of 200 GBP: on arrival, students will be met in Dublin by a school representative who will place them on a bus to Cork. In Cork, students will be collected by the host family. Upon departure, the host family will bring the student to the bus to Dublin Airport, where student will be met by a school representative who will assist them with a check-in.
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: included
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.