Summer Program for Young Students of English in Cork, Ireland (11 - 17 years)
Cork is located in the south of Ireland. Apart from being the second largest city of the country, it also is the capital of the Munster province. The city has about 150.000 inhabitants and its history and location combine in a fascinating mixture of tradition and modernity.
All summer programs are innovative and interesting, their main aim is to enhance the ability of young students to communicate in English through educational activities. The junior program takes place at the Douglas Community School. All activities are accompanied by supervisors, the program is accredited by the irish ministry of Education.
- Age: 11 to 17 years old
- Dates: Host family center 24/06/19 to 17/08/19 and Residential center 01/07/19 to 27/07/19
- Organized by: CEC Cork
- Learning center:Douglas Community College / Cork Institute of Technology
- Min. level: Beginner
- Lessons: 15 hours/week
- Max. students per group: 15
The program for young students of English includes a varied social, sport and cultural activities, which take place in the afternoon and in the evening. Students can choose from various options. At the weekend, there are excursions to various places of interest in Cork and nearby.
- English + activities: included in price - 11 to 17 years old
- English + horse riding: can be booked for a surcharge - 11 to 17 years old
- English + golf: can be booked for a surcharge 11 to 17 years old
- English + rugby: can be booked for a surcharge 13 to 16 years old
- English + activities – Host family: 730 EUR/week
- English + activities – Residence: 860 EUR /week
- English + horse riding – Host family: 915 EUR /week
- English + horse riding– Residence: 1055 EUR /week
- English + golf– Host family: 1005 EUR /week
- English + golf– Residence: 1120 EUR /week
- English + rugby– Host family: 915 EUR /week
- English + rugby– Residence: 1055 EUR /week
- English + football– Host family: 1005 EUR /week
- English + football– Residence: 1120 EUR /week
What is included in the price
- 20 English lessons per week (Monday - Friday)
- Homestay accommodation ink. Full board
- Full activities program
- Full-day excursion at the weekend
- Registration fee
- Certificate of attendance
- Airport transfer to and from Cork airport
- Bus ticket (only for Homestay accommodation)
- Airport transfer: included to/from Cork Airport. If students arrive and depart from Dublin, the following can be organized against a surcharge of 200 GBP: on arrival, students will be met in Dublin by a school representative who will place them on a bus to Cork. In Cork, students will be collected by the host family. Upon departure, the host family will bring the student to the bus to Dublin Airport, where student will be met by a school representative who will assist them with a check-in.
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: included
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.