Family Program in Dublin, Ireland, for Parents and Children from 3 to 16 years oldHTML Source EditorWord wrap
The program for Families in Dublin takes place at the Sutton Park School, an exclusive private school with great facilities. The school is located 25 minutes from the Dublin airport at the Howth peninsula, in the northern part of Dublin Bay, just 12 kilometers from the Dublin city centre and near the traditional fisher village Howth. The program for Families in Dublin takes place in the summer months July and August.
The courses are offered at various levels (beginner to advanced) and take place in international groups of max. 15 students. Lessons for adults and children take place in the morning from 10.00 to 13.30 (Monday to Friday). Families can choose to book the course only or the package including activities for the kids.
All teachers are qualified, experienced and motivated, as well as being specialized in programs for young students of English. All teachers have academic degrees and are qualified to teach English as a foreign language. Communication is emphasized in all courses.
Families can be accommodated with carefully selected local hosts that integrate them in their daily life and make them feel welcome. All hosts are regularly inspected by the members of staff. Bed linens provided, students need to bring their own towels. This type of accommodation includes half board: students will have breakfast and dinner with the family every day. This accommodation option is only available for 2 people travelling together (1 adult + 1 child).
Bigger families (more than 2 people travelling together) will need to book their own accommodation, the school can recommend the Marina Hotel Sutton. Families choosing this hotel will be transported to school every day by private transport.
Families can have a hot lunch at school for a surcharge (see prices section).
The Family program includes a fantastic program of social, sports and cultural activities. These take place in the afternoon, students can choose from various options. The program includes afternoon activities for children and a full-day excursion during the weekend.
· Children aged 3-8: activities take place from 14.30 to 16.00
· Children aged 9-16: activities take place from 14.30 to 16.45 + 2 evening activities per week
· Parents: free time in the afternoon + 1 excursion on Saturday
Examples of activities and excursions: football, swimming, basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, bowling, cooking lessons, students´ magazine, Irish dance, barbecue, sightseeing, excursions to nearby villages e.g. Wicklow, Kilkenny or Meath.
Specialist activities offered for a surcharge (2x2-hour sessions per week with a professional sports instructors):
- Golf lessons (210 EUR per week)
- Watersports (180 EUR per week)
- Horse-riding lessons (180 EUR per week)
- Tennis Coaching (180 EUR per week)
2017 Dates and Fees
Age: 03 – 16 years + parents (20 years old or more)
Duration: 1 to 4 weeks
Arrival and departure days: Sunday to Sunday
Dates 2017: the program runs between 03.07 and 28.07.2017
- Children 3-16 years old: 275 EUR per week
- Adults: 225 EUR per week
Course + activities for children:
- Children 3-8 years old: 540 EUR per week
- Children 9-16 years old: 570 EUR per week
Parents can book the course only, they will have free time during the afternoon activities + 1 excursion with the entire family on Saturday.
Host Family (available for 1 parent + 1 child only) – price per person (parent+child share the room)
- Children 3-8 years old: 205 EUR per week
- Children 9-16 years old + adults: 225 EUR per week
Hot lunch at school (Monday to Friday):
- Children 3-8 years old: 25 EUR per week
- Children 9-16 years old + adults: 45 EUR per week
The price includes
- 15 lessons per week (Monday to Friday)
- Accommodation as booked
- Daily afternoon activities for children (package only)
- 2 evening activities for children aged 9-16 (package only)
- 1 full day excursion for the whole family per week (package only)
- Certificate of attendance at the end of the program
- Learning materials + books
- Daily private transfer every day when booking the Marina Hotel Sutton
- Airport transfer a private transfer can be arranged upon request from Dublin Airport: 2 people: 110 EUR / 3 people: 150 EUR / 4 people: 185 EUR (price per way)
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.