Family Program in Cork, Ireland, Parents and Children aged 4 to 16
Cork is located in the south of Ireland. Apart from being the second largest city of the country, it also is the capital of the Munster province. The city has about 150.000 inhabitants and its history and location combine in a fascinating mixture of tradition and modernity.
This Family program is adapted to every member of the Family and will enable you to enjoy holidays in Ireland altogether while improving your English.
The Family English program in Cork offers English lessons in the morning (adults + 12-16 years old) in groups of average 7 students (10 students max.). Separate groups for adults and teenagers. The tuition aims at improving the ability to communicate in English and includes work in pairs and groups. Junior lessons also include games and songs adapted to each age group.
The Junior course also includes different types of activities depending on the age and options chosen (see sections below). All activities are accompanied by supervisors, the program is accredited by the Irish ministry of Education.
Adults will work on different subjects in order to improve their skills: Vocabulary recording – building a lexical notebook, talking about new sports and trends, speaking: everyday activities and general trends, present a tradition from another country, finding things in common, agreeing and disagreeing, writing emails to a friend, travel show – places in America, design a tour of your country…
· 20 lessons per week
· Schedule: 09.00 – 13.20
· Lessons take place at Cork English College (Cork City center)
12-16 years old: English + Multi-Activity
This program is a combination of English lessons in the morning and activities in the afternoon.
- 20 lessons per week
- the program takes place at Douglas Community College (15 min by bus from the Adult school)
After the morning lessons, the teenagers will be able to enjoy sporting and cultural activities both in the afternoon and in the evening. A full-day excursion is also included on Saturday.
Example of activities: Blarney Castle, multi-sports afternoon, treasure hunt, bingo, disco night, karaoke…
Options available for 12-16 students:
- Horse Riding: horse riding every afternoon after the English lessons
- Golf: Golf every afternoon at the FOTA Island Golf Academy
- Rugby (13-16 year old): rugby training every afternoon with the Munster Rugby Club
4-12 years old: Activity Camp
Younger students will learn English through activities, the program takes place at Mardyke Arena (20 min walk from the Adult school).
They will enjoy up to 8 activities per day, all in English in order to develop their communication skills.
Students will be divided into 3 age groups: 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12 years old. They can choose from two schedules:
· 08.30 to 15.00
· 08.30 to 17.00
Example of activities 4-6 years old: bouncy castle, mini obstacles, monster bowling, face painting, croquet, construction games
Example of activities 7-9 years old: Hockey, dodge ball, hip hop dance, circus skills, arts & crafts, drama
Example of activities 10-12 years old: soccer, swimming, basketball, dance, fun fitness, frisbee golf
Families will be hosted in private modern apartments, located in Cork city center. All amenities can be found near the apartments: cafes, restaurants, shops…
All apartments include kitchen and cooking facilities, living area, bathroom with shower, heating, TV, internet (in most apartments, cannot be guaranteed). Bed linens and towels are provided.
The adult school is within walking distance and the junior school is accessible by bus (direct bus). Bus ticket provided by the school.
2017 Dates and FeesAge: children aged between 04 – 16 accompanied by parents
Minimum duration: 2 to 4 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2017: the family program runs between 26.06 and 25.08.2017
- Adults: 225 EUR per week
- 12-16 English + Multi-Activity: 475 EUR per week
- 12-16 English + Horse Riding: 600 EUR per week
- 12-16 English + Rugby: 650 EUR per week (2-week program starting 02.07 or 16.07.2017)
- 12-16 English + Golf: 700 EUR per week (2-week program starting on 02.07.2017)
- 4-12 Activity Camp: (available until 18.08.2017)
- 8.30 to 15.00: 150 EUR per week
- 8.30 to 17.00: 170 EUR per week
- 2-bedroom apartment (up to 4 people): 600 EUR per week
- 3-bedroom apartment (up to 5 people): 700 EUR per week
The price includes
- 20 lessons per week (adult + 12-16 year old students)
- Accommodation as booked
- Daily activities for children (as booked)
- 1 full day excursion on Saturday (Multi-Activity Package only)
- Certificate of attendance at the end of the program
- Learning materials + books
- Bus ticket to go to the Junior school is accommodation booked
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.