English & Adventure Program for Teenagers in Northern Ireland (12 - 16 years)
The English and Adventure program for young student of English takes place in the Share Centre, a leisure centre stretching over 60 hectars at the shore of the Upper Lough Erne in the Fermanagh county. The Share Centre is the largest leisure and adventure centre of Ireland and the ideal location for a summer camp with leisure and adventure program. It can be reached from Belfast in 2 hours and from Dublin in 2,5 hours. The centre boasts numerous facilities: common room, fitness room, sauna, steam bath swimming pool, games park, billiard room, Tv room, cinema room, souvenier shop, snack vending machines, a small football field, sports hall and a student bar with non-alcoholic drinks.
The program offers the perfect opportunity to combine English lessons with various social and adventure sports activities. Moreover, during interaction with the teachers and other classmates, young students of English learn more about the environment. The language course consists of 10 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes) which take place in international groups of max. 12 persons. The tuition is lead by experienced, qualified teachers which have additional qualifications for teaching English to young students. The tuition concentrates on improving the ability to communicate in English which is the only language both in the class and outside the course.
The centre has a capacity of up to 220 persons which stay in comfortable chalets and a modern farmhouse. The standard of the accommodated has been awarded 3 stars by the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. There are up to 4 students per room. Each room has an ensuite bathroom with a shower, basin and a toilette.
The full-board meal plan is well-balanced and varied. Please, inform is of any special requirements upon booking.
The program includes a varied activities program – crafts, social events and leisure activities both on the ground and on water. Examples: archery, adventure games, environmental protection based activities, climbing, boat trip, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, t-shirts painting, pottery, mosaic, crafting masks, film making, face painting, circus arts and many more.
Apart from the regular activities, there is one full-day excursion per week as well as one overnight camp per program. All activities take place in mixed groups of international and local young students, which is a great opportunity for English practice.
2017 Dates and Fees
Age: 12 – 16 years
Duration: 2 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Sunday
Dates 2017: arrival dates 02.07 and 16.07.2017
Price: 2 weeks – 1300 GBP
The price includes
- 10 lessons per week + interaction with local students during activities
- Learning materials, level test and a certificate
- Accommodation in shared rooms with ensuite bathroom and full-board
- Full activities program including excursions (one full-day excursion per week as well as one overnight camp per program)
- Airport transfer upon arrival and departure from Belfast or Dublin airports (for flights arriving and departing between 08:00 and 20:00
- Airport transfer: if airport transfer is required outside the given time, there is a surcharge of 50 GBP per way
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: if students are booked as unaccompanied minors with the flight company, there is an additional fee of 25 GBP each way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.