Summer Program in Ardingly, England, for young learners from 8 to 17 years old
Ardingly College is located in a park of 100 hectares, in a town between London and Brighton.
The village is surrounded by farms and woodlands, a perfect setting for a language course in a typically British atmosphere. The student will enjoy the “Harry Potter” feel inside the college, and the great sports installations on Campus.
This program offers more than a language trip, our young learners will also have the chance to practice a lot of different sports: watersports, tennis, basketball, football, badminton, volleyball, swimming, team games…
The young learners will have lessons in the morning. The program includes 15 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes), in international groups of max. 15 students. The lessons are especially designed for each age group, which makes the course very interactive. The students will communicate with more confidence and will improve their oral and written English. As they are going to be surrounded by young students from all over the world, they will practice their English all day when interacting with their friends from all over the world.
The young learners will be lodged in comfortable houses on Campus, in single or twin rooms. Dormitories for 3 or 4 students might also be used. Each house has a common lounge with TV and DVD player. The students really enjoy spending time together with their international friends in their common room. The houses are supervised by the school staff. Full-board included.
Outside the classroom, the teenagers will be able to put into practice their new English skills during the afternoon activities. Activities are offered every afternoon and evening. Excursions are also included: 1 full-day + 1 half day excursions per week.
Example of activities: fashion show, games, karaoke, disco, international party…
Example of excursions: Brighton, Oxford, London, Cambridge
- Tennis: 6 hours per week (3 sessions in the afternoon) – surcharge of 115 GBP per week
- Watersports (sailing, kayak, raft building…) – 6 hours per week (3 sessions) – surcharge of 115 GBP per week
2018 Dates and Prices
Age: 8-17 years
Length: minimum 2 weeks (1 week only available starting on 05.08)
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Sunday (except last day on 11.08.2018)
Dates 2018: arrivals on 01.07, 15.07, 22.07 and 05.08.2018
Price: 855 GBP per week + 50 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- 15 English lessons per week
- Accommodation including full board
- Afternoon and evening activities every day
- 1 half-day and one full-day excursions each week
- Learning materials
- Certificate of attendance
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 18 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport (price per way):
Heathrow 121 GBP / Gatwick 70 GBP / Stansted 161 GBP / Luton 161 GBP / St Pancras 147 GBP
- Arrivals and/or departures between 21:00 and 06:00: surcharge of 50 GBP
- Unaccompanied minors: 65 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.