English Family program in London (Wimbledon), for parents and children from 8 years old
The Family Holiday Course in Wimbledon is the perfect choice for families who would love to improve their English, but also want a fun holiday.
Parents joining the General English Programme and children study in separate classes every morning. Whilst parents’ study two afternoons each week, their children will be taken on fun and exciting excursions. Both children and parents will benefit from being taught by a highly experienced team of teachers, in the beautiful South West London location and enjoy the best of city and countryside.
- Minimum age: from 8 years old
- Dates: from 15-06-2020 to 16-08-2020
- Duration: 1-9 weeks
- Organized by: Wimbledon School of English
- Learning center: click here
Adult course: parents take part in the General English and will study in hard-working, dynamic classes, learning the basic structures of English with a strong focus on building communicative skills.
They will earn real, everyday English as it is spoken in the UK and focus on areas of interest and learn about the UK's cultural heritage.
- Minimum level: A2
- Number of lessons: 24 per week
- Schedule: 09:15 - 12:55 + 2 afternoons (Monday and Wednesday 1.55 – 3.45, including a 10-minute break)
- Max. students: 16
Junior course (from 8 years old): young learners study in fun, hard-working classes with other children of a similar age and level. They will learn real English, using the most up-to-date books and materials, and be given the opportunity to review what they have learned on a daily basis. The classes are very active, with role-plays and discussions as well as traditional teacher-led study, and the students will discover a wide range of techniques to improve all the skills: Reading,Writing, Listening, and Speaking.
- Minimum level: A2
- Number of lessons: 20 per week +4 lessons of local excursions / activities
- Schedule: 09:15 - 12:55
- Max. students: 16
Accommodation for families can be arranged in homestays in the local area. Staying in a homestay is a great way to practise English and experience a new way of life.
All of the host families are carefully selected by specialist team and while each family is different, they share a genuine desire to welcome students into their homes and their lives.
Families will have the choice between Standard, Standard Plus and Superior Homestays.
- Standard Plus criteria: private bathroom
- Superior criteria: Walking distance from school and private bathroom
On two afternoons a week (while their parents are in class) children are accompanied on enjoyable, stimulating activities, such as games on the Common or a trip to the London Aquarium.
Please note an optional excursion is also available for £50 extra per individual.
Adult Course: 328 GBP per week (special discount applies after 5 weeks)
Junior Course: 375 GBP per week
Registration fee: 55 GBP per person
Materials fee: 30 GBP (up to 3 weeks course)/ 40 GBP (4 to 8 weeks course)
Standard Homestay: twin room with breakfast 110 GBP / week per person, twin room with half
board 150 GBP / week per person
Standard Plus Homestay: twin room with breakfast 190 GBP / week per person, twin room with
half board 230 GBP / week per person
Superior Homestay: twin room with breakfast 225 GBP / week per person, twin room with half
board 265 GBP / week per person
Accommodation arrangement fee: 55 GBP
Course fees include:
- 20 lessons per week for children and 24 for parents
- E-wimbledon learning platform
- Internet access and WiFi
- Welcome pack, student card & certificates
- Monthly 1:1 tutorials with the main course teacher
- Afternoon activities for children
- Special diets: there is a £30 supplement per week for the following diets: halal, celiac/gluten free and vegan.
- Airport transfer: Heathrow 120 GBP, Gatwick 145 GBP, Stansted/Luton 165 GBP, London City 125 GBP, St. Pancras 120 GBP (price per way and per person)
Return transfers are charged at the same rate. For 2 people travelling together, £30 extra to the above prices. The above prices allow up to 2 hours waiting time from landing: an additional charge of £30 for every 30 minutes thereafter, will apply and will be charged on arrival.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which must be booked separately.