Summer English Camp in London, England (Farrington's School) for Young Students of English aged 10 - 17 years
Our partner school which is certified by British Council offers a summer camp at a boarding school located in the beautiful suburban district of Chislehurst, surrounded by the famous „English garden” of Kent. It is a great green area with the city centre still just a few steps away. The centre of London is about 15 km and, the Heathrow airport about 45 km away.
The summer program for young students of English takes place at a typical British boarding school Farringtons which is surrounded by parks and forests. The facilities of the campus include outdoor areas, sportsgrounds, a well-equipped fitness centre and a heated outdoor pool. There is also a computer room where students can use PCs with Internet access.
- Age: 10-17 years old
- Dates: from 08.07.2020 to 05.08.2020
- Duration: 1-4 weeks (1-week bookings accepted for 29 July and 5 August starts only)
- Organized by: Kings
- Learning center: Farringtons School
The English course consists of 15 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes) which take place in international groups of max. 15 students. On the first day of the school, students take a level test and are placed in an appropriate level (from beginners to advanced). The English tuition is tailored to young students and fun while remaining highly educational. Students deal with basic grammar, but the focus lies on communication, listening and pronunciation. The course also includes various projects, group work and work in pairs. Films, theater, songs and plays are used throughout the lessons to encourage variety.
- Minimum level: Beginner
- Lessons: 15 lessons per week
- Max. students: 15
Students are accommodated in the student residencedirectly on the campus.
- Distance from school: on-campus
- Room: Most bedrooms are twin, with some triples and quads, shared bathrooms
- Board: Full Board Meals.
- Accommodation arrival day: Wednesday
- Accommodation departure day: Wednesday
The program includes a varied activities and excursions program. Every afternoon, students can choose from various activities which take place under supervision of qualified trainers and taking into account all necessary safety rules to ensure well-being of young students. There are two full-day and two half-day excursion each week. At the beginning of the program, students have a guided tour of the city. The excursions are prepared during the course to make sure students are well-prepared and get the most of England´s history and sights.
Full-day excursions: 2 per week. Excursions to London city centre, Oxford, Brighton, Cambridge or Canterbury.
Half-day excursions: 1 per week. Greenwich, Covent Garden, Natural History Museum or Science Museum each week.
940 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
What is included in price?
- English course (15 lessons of 60 minutes each)
- accommodation in the residence including full board
- activities every afternoon
- Day time sports and activities programme, with a choice of at least 2-3 activities per session
- 2 full-day + 1 half-day excursions per week
- certificate of attendance
- learning materials
- 24/7 supervision
- Internet access
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Heathrow 145 GBP, Gatwick 146 GBP, Stansted 180 GBP, Luton 200 GBP, St Pancras 85 GBP (price per way)
- Unaccompanied minors: supplement of 65 GBP per way if the service for students registered as unaccompanied minors with their airline.
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.