Summer Camp in Bath, England, for Juniors 8-17 years old
This summer program for teenagers is based in Bath at Downside School. This Harry Potter style school is one of the oldest and most prestigious Boarding Schools in the country. It is based in a 200-hectare park with a lot of equipments available for the students. Downside School is located 25 minutes away from Bath, in Somerset, and two hours away from London. The campus is equipped with football, cricket and rugby fields, tennis cours, swimming pool, auditorium and computer labs.
- Age: 10-16 years old (separate classes/activities by age group: 8-12 and 13-17)
- Dates: from 03.07.2019 to 21.08.2019
- Duration: 1-4 weeks (1-week bookings accepted to start on the 07/08 and 14/08 only)
- Organized by: Kings
- Learning center: Downside School
The lessons are very interactive, they are based on communication, oral comprehension and pronunciation. Lessons include projects, film making, role play, songs and games.
- Minimum level: Beginner
- Lessons: 15 lessons per week
- Summer Course + Tennis: English Course + 6 hours per week of professional tennis coaching (on-site)
- Summer Course + Horse riding: English Course + 6 hours per week of horse riding at approved riding stables
- Max. students: 15
- Distance from school: on-campus
- Room: Single rooms, with some twin rooms and a few multi-bedded dormitories for 4–8 students.
- Board: Full Board Meals.
- Accommodation arrival day: Wednesday
- Accommodation departure day: Wednesday
- Full program:
895 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Tennis option: 1040 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Horse Riding option: 1140 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- Day time sports and activities programme, with a choice of at least 2-3 activities per session
- Full programme of evening activities
- 2-3 excursions per week
- Full-board residential accommodation
- Placement test and regular progress tests
- Welcome party and orientation
- 24-hour supervision
- End-of-course certificate
- Internet access
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 18 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Heathrow 191 GBP, Gatwick/Stansted/Luton 212 GBP, St Pancras 246 GBP, Bristol 65 GBP (price per way)
- Heathrow Economy transfer 62 GBP per way: offered on Sundays between 03.07. and 21.08.2019. for flights arriving between 10:00 – 18:00 and departing between 11:00 – 19:00. Transfer is on special school buses and students might have to wait at the airport 2-3 hours (supervision provided during that time).
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: 65 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.