Summer Camp in Bath, England, for Juniors 8-17 years old
This summer program for teenagers is based in Bath at Downside School. This Harry Potter style school is one of the oldest and most prestigious Boarding Schools in the country. It is based in a 200-hectare park with a lot of equipments available for the students. Downside School is located 25 minutes away from Bath, in Somerset, and two hours away from London. The campus is equipped with football, cricket and rugby fields, tennis cours, swimming pool, auditorium and computer labs.
This program includes 15 English lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes) in international groups of maximum 15 students. The teenagers will take a test on the first morning in order to be placed in a group with students of similar level (beginner to advanced). The lessons are very interactive, they are based on communication, oral comprehension and pronunciation. Lessons include projects, film making, role play, songs and games.
Accommodation is offered in a residence directly on campus, in single or shared rooms (2, 4 or 8 students sharing a room). The bigger rooms are usually allocated to the youngest student so that they can make friends easily. Boys are girls are sleeping in different buildings and the residence is supervised. Full board included: breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
Special diets: the school can offer special diet upon request and vegetarian meals.
This program also included a wide range of activities and excursions. Activities are offered every afternoon and in the evening + 2 full-day excursions + 1 or 2 half day excursions per week.
Example of full-day excursions: offered every Tuesday and Wednesday, excursions to London, Oxford, Bristol, Salisbury and Stonehenge, Longleat Safari Park or Cardiff.
Example of half day excursions: 1 half-day excursions to Bath city center is offered every week. Every two weeks, 1 half-day excursion is also offered to Wookey Hole, Bristol Zoo, Cheddar Gorge or Wells.
Tennis Option: 6 hours of professional coaching every week (on campus)
Horse-back riding option: 6 hours of professional coaching every week (outside campus)
2018 Dates and Prices
Age: 8-12 and 13-17 years old
Length: 1 - 7 weeks
Arrival day: Wednesday
Departure day: Wednesday
Dates 2018: from 04.07 to 22.08.2018
- Full program:
850 GBP per week + 75 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Tennis option: 990 GBP per week + 75 GBP registration fee
- Full program + Horse Riding option: 1085 GBP per week + 75 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- 15 English lessons per week
- Accommodation including full board
- Sports and leisure activities
- 1 or 2 half-day and 2 full-day excursions each week
- learning materials
- certificate of attendance
- 24/7 emergency number
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 18 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Heathrow 182 GBP, Gatwick/Stansted/Luton 202 GBP, St Pancras 234 GBP, Bristol 62 GBP (price per way)
- Heathrow Economy transfer 62 GBP per way: offered on Sundays between 04.07. and 22.08.2018. for flights arriving between 10:00 – 18:00 and departing between 11:00 – 19:00. Transfer is on special school buses and students might have to wait at the airport 2-3 hours (supervision provided during that time).
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: 50 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.