Summer program for Juniors in London - Beckenham, England (14 - 17 years)
Our partner school is located in London – Beckenham, an elegant suburban part of London with several green park which is located in south east of the British capital, only 20 minutes by train to the city centre. Here, the students have the perfect combination of a relaxed atmosphere, high-quality tuition and the city bustle within comfortable reach. The school is located in a building with a large garden, a cafeteria and Wifi.
Students on the junior program in London Beckenham will attend an English course with 15 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes) which takes place in international groups of students with similar level. A level test on the first day ensures that the students are placed in the appropriate level. The course includes all areas of general English – speaking, listening, reading and grammar. The teachers employ activities that support development of language competence, such as group projects, songs, discussions, improvised theatre and other fun ways of learning English.
The students stay with carefully chosen host who not only provide further opportunities for practicing English, but also introduce students to the local everyday culture. Accommodation is provided in single or twin rooms (shared with another student of the same sex, a similar age and a different nationality). The program includes full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). The hosts live up to 30 minutes on foot or a short bus ride from the school. Weekly laundry service is included.
The program includes a varied activities program with day activities from Monday to Friday and two to three evening activities each week. Some of the activities date place directly at the school premises, other take students to surrounding areas. On each session, you can choose from up to 3 different activities. Moreover, there is a full day and 2 half-days of excursion each week (entrance fees included).
Full-day excursions: Brighton, Oxford, Windsor.
Half-day excursions: London city center (twice a week)
2018 Dates and Prices
Age: 14-17 years
Length: 2-10 weeks
Arrival day: Sunday
Departure day: Sunday
Dates 2018: the program runs between 17.06 and 26.08.2017
Full program + accommodation in single room: 627 GBP per week + 75 GBP registration fee
Full program + accommodation in twin room: 603 GBP per week + 75 GBP registration fee
- Art: 95 GBP per week (available between 29.07 and 26.08.2018)
- Game & app design: 195 GBP per week (available between 17.06 and 15.07.2018)
What is included?
- 15 English lessons per week
- homestay accommodation including full board
- sports and leisure activities
- Two half-day and one full-day excursions each week
- learning materials
- certificate of attendance
- 24/7 emergency number
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 16 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Heathrow 130 GBP, Gatwick 130 GBP, Stansted 158 GBP, Luton 177 GBP, St Pancras 74 GBP (price per way)
- Heathrow Economy transfer 47 GBP per way: offered on Sundays between 24.06 and 29.07.2017 for flights arriving between 11:00 – 18:00 and departing between 11:00 – 18:00. Transfer is on special school buses and students might have to wait at the airport 2-3 hours (supervision provided during that time).
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the flight company: 50 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.