Junior Program in York, England, 12-17 years old
York is a typical and historical city in the North of England, it is one of the most charming cities in the country. The school is located inside a Georgian building in a pedestrian right in the city center of York.
As York is a small city, this is the ideal location for our young students willing to experience a full immersion into the British culture. They will discover some of the most fascinating medieval sites in England such as the ancient City Walls or the remains of the city’s Viking past. The students really like walking in the typical narrow street of York and enjoy the atmosphere of this city.
- Age: 12-17 years old
- Dates: from 27.06.2020 to 09.08.2020
- Duration: 1 week minimum
- Organized by: BSC
- Learning center:Click here
The lessons are especially designed for young students and are very interactive and based on communication. Students will gain confidence and will express themselves in English more easily and more fluently.
- Distance from school: maximum 45 minutes
- Room: Twin room, shared bathroom
- Board: Full-board meals (daily breakfast and dinner with homestay; lunch provided by the school Mon-Fri, and by homestays at the weekend)
- Accommodation arrival day: Sunday
- Accommodation departure day: Sunday
- Laundry facilities provided by host
A varied activity program is also included, the students will be able to relax after the lessons while discovering the beauty of Northern England. York has a lot to offer, from medieval sites to Viking treasures.
The program includes daily afternoon activities and excursions during the weekend. Evening activities are also offered during the week, the students will go back home after the activities under supervision (the host family will come pick them up or they will walk back home with a member of staff).
Example of excursions: Leeds, Whitby, Manchester
Example of afternoon and evening activities: sports, crafts, visit to York Chocolate Story, Castle Museum, river boat cruise
685 GBP per week + 50 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- 15 hours of English /week
- Learning materials
- First-day placement test
- End-of-course certificate
- Fully supervised activities. 5 city-based or local visits and 2 evening activities/week
- 1 full-day + 1 half-day excursion/week
- Full board, twin room, shared bathroom
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 18 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport:
Leeds Bradford 110 GBP / Manchester Airport 190 GBP (price per way)
- Unaccompanied minors: 120 GBP per way
-Single room supplement: 210 GBP per week
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.