Summer program for Juniors in Cambridge, England (13 - 17 years old)
Cambridge is more than a well-known university city! This charming city has several attractions to keep the young students busy after their English course: from punting at the Cam river to visits of historical college buildings, the city offers the perfect balance between historical and modern. Our partner English school offers a program which takes place at the Chesterton Community College, located in a reputable neighborhood near the city centre.
The English program for young students in England has been designed for students of all levels from beginners to advanced. Its main aim is to improve the ability to communicate in English and to help young students gain confidence speaking a foreign language. On the first day of school, students take a level test and are assigned to a group of students with similar level. The course consists of 20 English lessons per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes) in international groups of up to 15 students. The tuition is held in a relaxed manner, creating a natural learning atmosphere. Depending on the particular schedule, the lessons take place in the morning or in the afternoon.
1. Residence – Jesus College: the residence is located about 20 – 25 minutes on foot from the school and 2 minutes on foot from the city centre. Students will be given a bus pass for each week. The students are accompanied by group leaders to ensure their safety. Accommodation is offered in single and twin rooms with full board, common areas include a kitchen and a dining hall. Bathrooms are shared between 4 to 6 students, bed linen is provided and changed weekly. Students should bring their own towels and have access to laundry facilities. The rooms and common areas are cleaned every day.
2. Homestay: staying with a local host is the perfect opportunity to practice English outside the course and to get to know closer the everyday life of local people. The families live about 40 minutes by public transport from the school (students will be given a bus pass each week). All hosts live close to bus routes with regular connections to the city. Accommodation is provided in twin rooms with full board (breakfast and dinner with the host, lunch at the school). Bed linen and towels are provided and changed once a week. Special requirements concerning meals, allergies or pets have to be communicated in advance.
3. Day program: students which are staying in Cambridge with their parents or relatives but still want to take part in the English course and supervised activities program have the option of booking a day version without accommodation.
The program includes a supervised activities program which helps the students make the most of their stay. They will get to know Cambridge, will try out new activities and during all this, they will constantly be practicing English. There are day activities in the morning or in the afternoon from Monday to Friday as well as s full-day excursion every Saturday. Sunday is free to relax, spend time with the host family or do some shopping.
Examples of activities and excursions: orientation in Cambridge, walk to Grantchester and a picnic, cinema, Fitzwilliam Museum, bowling, punting at the river Cam, St. Johns College, climbing, tour to Ely, shopping, welcome party, sports at Parker Piece, club night (designed for minor students), karaoke, salsa, quiz evening, trips to London, Oxford etc.
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 13-17 years
Length: min 1 week (min. 2 weeks recommended)
Arrival day: Saturday
Departure day: Saturday
- Homestay Program: 16.06 – 18.08.2018
- Residential Program: 07.07 – 18.08.2018
- Homestay Program: 706 GBP per week
- Residential Program: 886 GBP per week
- Day program (without accommodation): 501 GBP per week
What is included in price?
- English course
- residence or homestay accommodation with full board
- 5 half day + 4 evening activities per week + 1 full day excursion on Saturday*
- attendance certificate at the course end
- 24/7 emergency number
- Travel pass
- Day transfers (between 08.00 and 20.00): Heathrow 100 GBP, Gatwick 210 GBP, Stansted 80 GBP, Luton 110 GBP, London City/St Pancras 175 GBP (price per way)
- Night transfers (between 20.00 and 08.00): Heathrow 180 GBP, Gatwick 215 GBP, Stansted 110 GBP, Luton 115 GBP, London City/St Pancras 180 GBP (price per way)
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline: 40 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.