Summer program for Juniors in Brighton, England (13 - 17 years)
Brighton, the most beautiful city at the southern cost, is a typical city at the southern coast of England, which is well-known for its international atmosphere. People from all over the world come to Brighton to visit its famous sights. In summer, the city is full of students which relax at the beach, admire the famous Royal Pavillon and enjoy the summer atmosphere.
The school building is located 2 minutes on foot from the Brighton Pier and apart from comfortable classrooms, it features WLAN, common room, library and a computer room.
- Age: 13-17 years old
- Dates: 15.06.2019 to 17.08.2019
- Duration: 1 week min (2 weeks recommended)
- Organized by: EC
- Learning center: Brighton College
Junior students attend a course with 20 lessons per week which covers all main aspects of the English language. Special emphasis lies on spoken communication, on improvement of fluency in spoken expression and development of self-confidence using a foreign language. On the first day of school, students write a level test followed by a short oral interview and are assigned to a group of students with similar English level.
Students on the junior program stay with local hosts.
Hosts offer students a friendly welcome and pleasant environment during their stay in Brighton. The families are regularly visited by the school staff to ensure the well-being and safety of all students. The families live up to 40 minutes from the school by bus and about 20 – 30 minutes from the city centre. The students will be given a weekly bus pass upon arrival (included in the price).
- Distance from school: approximately 45 minutes by public transport
- Room: Twin room with shared bathroom
- Board: Full Board Meals.
- Bed linens and towels provided
- Accommodation arrival day: Saturday
- Accommodation departure day: Saturday
- Transport pass included
Day programme: students who stay in Brighton with their parents or relatives but would like to attend high-quality English courses and carefully selected activities can book just the day program without accommodation. The day program includes English course, lunches from Monday till Friday and a program of supervised activities.
There is a lot to see and do in Brighton! The supervised activities programme will make the summer an unforgettable experience for young students. They will learn other teenagers from all over the world while practicing English in a natural setting. The program includes day activities from Monday to Friday and a full-day excursion on Saturday. Sundays are free and students can use them to spend time with their host, relax or go shopping.
Examples of activities and excursions: Brighton, bowling, Seven Sisters Country Park, SeaLife, treasure hunt, Beachvolleyball, half-day excursion to the Arundel Castle or to Portsmouth, Royal Pavillon, cinema evening, excursions to Oxford, London, Cambridge...
- Full program (with accommodation): 732 GBP per week
- Day program (without accommodation: 537 GBP per week
- International travel and health insurance mandatory: 10€ per week, per person
What is included?
- English course (20 lessons per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes)
- accommodation with a local host including full-board
- 5 half day + 5 evening activities per week + 1 full day excursion on Saturday*
- attendence certificate upon completion of the course
- learning materials
- Travel pass
- 24/7 emergency number
* excursion not included for one-week stays
- Day transfers (between 08.00 and 20.00): Heathrow/Gatwick 90 GBP, Stansted/Luton 235 GBP, London City/St Pancras 180 GBP (price per way)
- Night transfers (between 20.00 and 08.00): Heathrow 155 GBP, Gatwick 105 GBP, Stansted/Luton 240 GBP, London City/St Pancras 185 GBP (price per way)
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline: 45 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.