Summer program for Juniors in Brighton, England (13 - 17 years)
Brighton, the most beautiful city at the southern cost, is a typical city at the southern coast of England, which is well-known for its international atmosphere. People from all over the world come to Brighton to visit its famous sights. In summer, the city is full of students which relax at the beach, admire the famous Royal Pavillon and enjoy the summer atmosphere.
The school building is located 2 minutes on foot from the Brighton Pier and apart from comfortable classrooms, it features WLAN, common room, library and a computer room.
- Age: 13-17 years old
- Dates: 21.06.2020 to 09.08.2020
- Duration: 1 week min (2 weeks recommended)
- Organized by: EC
- Learning center: Brighton College
Junior students attend a course with 20 lessons per week which covers all main aspects of the English language. Special emphasis lies on spoken communication, on improvement of fluency in spoken expression and development of self-confidence using a foreign language. On the first day of school, students write a level test followed by a short oral interview and are assigned to a group of students with similar English level.
Students on the junior program stay with local hosts.
Hosts offer students a friendly welcome and pleasant environment during their stay in Brighton. The families are regularly visited by the school staff to ensure the well-being and safety of all students. The families live up to 40 minutes from the school by bus and about 20 – 30 minutes from the city centre.
- Distance from school: approximately 45 minutes by public transport
- Room: Twin room with shared bathroom
- Board: Full Board Meals.
- Bed linens provided but students need to bring their own towels
- Accommodation arrival day: Sunday
- Accommodation departure day: Sunday
There is a lot to see and do in Brighton! The supervised activities programme will make the summer an unforgettable experience for young students. They will learn other teenagers from all over the world while practicing English in a natural setting. The program includes day activities from Monday to Friday and a full-day excursion on Saturday. Sundays are free and students can use them to spend time with their host, relax or go shopping.
Examples of activities and excursions: Brighton, bowling, Seven Sisters Country Park, SeaLife, treasure hunt, Beachvolleyball, half-day excursion to the Arundel Castle or to Portsmouth, Royal Pavillon, cinema evening, excursions to Oxford, London, Cambridge...
740 GBP per week + 100 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- English course (20 lessons per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes)
- Accommodation with a local host including full-board
- Full activity programme + 2 full days excursions
- Attendance certificate upon completion of the course
- Learning materials
- 24/7 emergency number
- Airport transfers: Heathrow 140 GBP, Gatwick 70 GBP, Stansted/Luton 200 GBP, London City/St Pancras 168 GBP (price per way)
- Unaccompanied minors supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline: 45 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.