Summer program for Juniors in Bournemouth, England (14 - 17 years)
Bournemouth is an exciting university city as well as a popular holiday destination in the south of England, only two hours away from London. The city is well-known for its long sandy beaches and a lively international atmosphere. Our partner school is located in an elegant residential neighborhood, only 5 minutes from the city centre. The school boasts excellent facilities such as a large garden, two cafeterias, a basketball court, table tennis, a lecture hall with a video projector, Internet access, a self-study centre, a computer centre and a library.
- Age: 14-17 years old
- Dates: the program runs from the 16 th of June to the 25 th of August
- Duration: 1-3 weeks
- Organized by: Kings Summer
- Learning center: Click here
Students on the junior program in Bournemouth attend an English course with 15 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 minutes) in international groups of young students with the same level. This program enables students to practice their English when elaborating group projects, taking part in discussions, engaging in music or improvised theater and other activities that are aimed at development of language competency.
- Minimum level: Beginner
- Max. students: 15
Students stay with carefully selected local hosts, which help them practice their English and introduce them to the local culture.
- Distance from school: around 30 minutes’ walk or a short bus journey
- Room: single (on request) or twin
- Board: Full Board Meals, with breakfast, lunch and dinner (both hot lunches, and packed lunches on excursion days).
- Accommodation arrival day: Sunday
- Accommodation departure day: Sunday
The program includes a variety of sports, social and cultural activities with day activities from Monday to Friday and 2-3 evening activities every week. Some of the activities take part at the school´s premises, others take students to places of interest in other parts of Bournemouth. Students can usually choose from up to 3 day activities. Moreover, the program includes one half-day and one full-day excursion every week.
Example of full-day excursions: Bath, Brighton, London, Oxford, Portsmouth or Windsor.
Example of half-day excursions: Swanage, Poole, Winchester and New Forest, Christchurch and Salisbury.
- 16.06 to 11.08 - Full program + accommodation in single room: 605 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- 16.06 to 11.08 - Full program + accommodation in twin room: 575 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- 11.08 to 25.08 - Full program + accommodation in single room: 575 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- 11.08 to 25.08 - Full program + accommodation in twin room: 557 GBP per week + 85 GBP registration fee
- International travel and health insurance: between 10 and 15 EUR / per week / per person
What is included?
- 15 lessons per week (Monday - Friday)
- homestay accommodation with full-board
- sports and cultural activities, learning materials
- 1 full-day and 1 half-day excursion per week
- certificate of attendance
- 24/7 emergency number
- Airport transfer has to be booked by all students under 18 travelling alone, the price depends on the airport: Bournemouth 45 GBP, Heathrow 161 GBP, Gatwick 185 GBP, Stansted/Luton/St Pancras 228 GBP (price per way)
- Heathrow Economy transfer 73 GBP per way: offered on Sundays between 09.06. and 25.08.2019 for flights arriving between 10:00 – 18:00 and departing between 11:00 – 19:00. Transfer is on special school buses and students might have to wait at the airport 2-3 hours (supervision provided during that time).
- Unaccompanied minor supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the flight company: 65 GBP per way
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.