Family Program in Wycliffe, England, parents and children 8-17 years old
Wycliffe College is located in the town of Stonehouse near Bristol, Bath, Cardiff and Oxford. You will find a big park on Campus, surrounded by the Costwold Hills. This is a great place for holidays in the countryside to enjoy nature and space. You will be able to find shops, cafés and restaurants in the city center of Stonehouse.
All the students will have access to the great installations of this famous college founded in 1882 including the brand new Sports center.
This family program is a great opportunity for the entire family to enjoy holidays together while learning English.
Parents and kids will take the lessons in the morning with students of their age group.
These lessons are very interactive and based on communication. The content is adapted to each age group: the younger students will learn English through games, role play, songs…
Each lesson lasts 60 minutes, all levels from beginner to advanced.
Accommodation is offered on campus, parents and children will be in different buildings.
Parents will be accommodated in twin rooms with private bathroom in a small house with common room and kitchen.
Children will be lodged is a separate building with other young students.
Full board included (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for parents and children.
The program is also available without accommodation (for families willing to book their own accommodation). Lunch is included at school every day. Please contact us for more details.
In the afternoon, a varied activity program is offered for the children. All the activities are supervised and take place on campus. The activities are optional, children can also go visit the region or do activities with their parents.
Parents can explore the town or the surrounding cities during the afternoon such as Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol. The train station is located 5 minutes away from the campus, you can even reach London Paddington very easily from Stonehouse.
An alternative program of activities is also offered for parents and children willing to take part in excursions organized by the school. Half-day and full-day excursions available. 2 excursions per week are included for the children, the parents can join for an extra fee.
Example of excursions: London, Bath, Cardiff, Startford-upon-Avon…
Special options are also available:
- Tennis: 6 hours of tennis per week in the afternoon (3 sessions per week) - supplement of 115 GBP per week (available for children only)
- Horse riding: 6 hours of horse riding per week in the afternoon (3 sessions per week) - supplement of 175 GBP per week (available for children only)
2017 Dates and Prices
Age: 8-17 years + parents
Length: 2 to 5 weeks
Arrival day: Wednesday
Departure day: Wednesday
Dates 2017: the program runs between 05.07 and 09.08.2017
Package (course + accommodation + meals + activities for children):
- Adults: 840 GBP per week + 50 GBP registration fee
- Children: 740 GBP per week + 50 GBP registration fee
- 350 GBP per week + 50 GBP registration fee
What is included?
- 15 English lessons per week
- Accommodation including full board
- Afternoon activities every day Monday-Friday (for children)
- 2 excursions each week (for children)
- learning materials
- placement test
- certificate of attendance
- free internet access
- Airport transfer:
- 2 people travelling together (price per way and per person): Bristol 78 GBP / Birmingham 90 GBP / Heathrow 104 GBP / Gatwick 129 GBP / Stansted 140 GBP / St Pancras 124 GBP
- 3 people travelling together (price per way and per person): Bristol 66 GBP / Birmingham 74 GBP / Heathrow 84 GBP / Gatwick 100 GBP / Stansted 107 GBP / St Pancras 97 GBP
- 4 people travelling together (price per way and per person): Bristol 60 GBP / Birmingham 68 GBP / Heathrow 73 GBP / Gatwick 86 GBP / Stansted 91 GBP / St Pancras 83 GBP
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.