English + Football for Junior students in Manchester, UK (9-15 years)
Manchester is considered the capital of the North of England and it belongs among the most interesting cities of the country. Our partner school offers junior students from all over the world the opportunity to combine a junior English program with a football coaching. Is there anything cooler than to train at the premises of Manchester City FC? The school works together with City Football Academy which shares training facilities with Manchester City´s first team and organizes the football part of the program. The integrated English and football program takes place on the City Football Academy training site.
- Age: 9-17 years old
Boys (12-17 years): start dates 30 Jun; 14, 28 Jul
Girls (12-17 years): start dates 30 Jun
Junior Boys (9-11 years): start dates 14 Jul, 28 Jul
- Duration: 2 weeks (12 nights)
- Organized by: British Study Centres – Manchester Academy
- Learning center: Etihad Stadium – Connell College
This exciting program fully integrates English learning and football coaching. Every day is packed with a
variety of workshops, sessions and coaching. Students are transferred by a private coach to the City
Football Academy training site. They spend the whole day there, taking part in several football activities
and exciting interactive educational sessions. These are designed to develop both football and English
skills. During the sessions with teachers and coaches, students deal with topics like the following:
interactive studies about football theory, intercultural communication, development of football skills,
performance testing, the importance of nutrition, structured tournament, match analysis workshops, use
of English in interviews and press conferences.
Minimum level: A2
Lessons per week: 15 hours of English tuition and 15 hours of football coaching
English classes will take place together with other students of similar level.
Important: this program is neither suitable for 100% beginners in football nor for young professional
Accommodation is provided at a student residence a short ride from the training premises of City
- Room: single en-suite
- Board: Full Board Meals. Vegetarian meals options. Special Diet (Supplement)
- Accommodation arrival day: Sunday
The daily English and football program will be supplemented with evening activities every evening which are held together with other young students of English staying in the residence. There is also a full-day excursion outside Manchester on Saturday (sample excursions: York, the York Dungeons, Blackpool Pleasure Beach) and an exclusive football excursion to the Manchester City Stadium and Museum. In the National Football Museum, students will discover the rich history of football and take part on exciting group challenges which will help them develop their language and teamwork skills in a fun, interactive and educational environment.
Price: 2695 GBP + registration fee GBP 75
The price includes
- 15 hours of English language per week
• City Football Schools kit
• Online pre-test and self-study tools
• Access to exclusive Club content
• End-of-course certificate
• Academic report
• Closing ceremony at the Etihad Stadium hospitality suites
• Etihad Stadium Tour
• National Football Museum visit
• 1 full-day excursion
• Evening activities every night
• Full-board meals
• Residential university accommodation
• Private en-suite bedroom
• Private daily coach transfers
- Airport transfer (compulsory for minors travelling alone): can be booked for a surcharge, the price depends on the airport: Manchester airport 95 GBP, Liverpool airport 165 GBP, Leeds Bradford airport 245 GBP, prices per way.
- Unaccompanied minor supplement: supplement for students which have been booked as unaccompanied minors with the airline: 65 GBP per way
- Deposit: 40 GBP returnable Damage Deposit
Note: the prices do not include international travel and health insurance and flights which have to be booked separately.