English language program for teens in Montreal, Canada (13-17 years)
Montreal is the largest English and French speaking city with an exciting mixture of European influences and modern North American flair. The city lies on an island in the Saint Lawrence River and it was named after Mount Royal, the hill that lies at its heart. As it looks back on a long history, Montreal is a great destination to learn English, discover Canada and gain unforgettable experiences. Moreover, its warm summers make it an ideal destination for a language program for teenagers!
The language program for teens is a combination of an English course, accommodation in carefully selected host families and a full program of activities.
English course takes place at Dawson College, which lies in the heart of downtown Montreal in a building with ample green space. All the classrooms are modern, air-conditioned and spacious. Directly onsite, there is a cafeteria and a snack bar. One of Monteral´s largest entertainment complexes, the Pepsi Forum, is just a few steps away.
The English course comprises of 20 lessons each week (1 lesson = 45 minutes). Young students of English will improve their language skills in all four areas of language (speaking, listening, reading and writing), while special attention is paid to communication and ability to use the language confidently and fluently.
French program: the school also offers this program with French language course, French-speaking homestay and activities in French.
Accommodation is provided in a single room with carefully selected homestays. Staying with a homestay is a great opportunity to use English in real-life situations, as well as to experience the way real Canadians live. Most homestays are located in LaSalle, Notre-Dame-de Grace, Rosemont and Ville St-Laurent districts, the journey to the school takes about 35 minutes with public transport. Students go to school and return to the homestay by themselves. Accommodation includes full-board meals (breakfast, packed lunch and dinner).
The program includes varied supervised program of cultural, sports and leisure activities. Each week, students attend 5 half-day and 4 evening activities. There is also a full-day activity each Saturday, excluding the week of departure.
Examples of activities: city tour, swimming, bowling , Eco Museum, laser quest, old Montreal, visit to an amusment park.
2018 Dates and Fees
Age: 13 – 17 years
Duration: min 1 week
Arrival day: Saturday
Departure day: Saturday
Dates 2018: 30.06 – 11.08.2018
- Full program (with accommodation): 1045 CAD per week
- Day program (without accommodation): 550 CAD per week
The price includes:
- English course (20 lessons per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes, max. 15 students per class)
- Course materials
- End of course certificate
- Homestay accommodation with full board (breakfast, packed lunch and dinner)
- Travel pass
- Return airport transfer
- 5 half day + 4 evening activities per week + 1 full day excursion on Saturday*
*full-day excursion not included for one-week stays
- Unaccompanied minor fee: if students are registered as unaccompanied minors with the flight company, there is an additional fee of 80 CAD per way.
- Canada Custodianship fee: in case the embassy requires a custodianship document, there is an additional fee of 150 CAD for providing this document. If you need the original to be sent by post, there is an additional fee of 75 CAD.
Note: the price does not include the flight and insurance which have to be booked separately.