English language program for teens in Montreal, Canada (13-17 years)
Montreal is the largest English and French speaking city with an exciting mixture of European influences and modern North American flair. The city lies on an island in the Saint Lawrence River and it was named after Mount Royal, the hill that lies at its heart. As it looks back on a long history, Montreal is a great destination to learn English, discover Canada and gain unforgettable experiences. Moreover, its warm summers make it an ideal destination for a language program for teenagers!
The language program for teens is a combination of an English course, accommodation in carefully selected host families and a full program of activities.
- Age: 13-17 years old
- Dates: from 29/06/19 to 10/08/19
- Duration: 1 week minimum stay
- Organized by: EC
- Learning center: Dawson College
- Lessons: 20/week
- Minimum level: Elementary
- Schedule: 08:30 – 11:45 from Monday to Friday
- Max. students: 15
Accommodation is provided in a single room with carefully selected homestays. Staying with a homestay is a great opportunity to use English in real-life situations, as well as to experience the way real Canadians live. Most homestays are located in LaSalle, Notre-Dame-de Grace, Rosemont and Ville St-Laurent districts. Students go to school and return to the homestay by themselves.
- Distance from school: around 45 min in public transport
- Room: Single room with shared bathroom
- Board: Full Board Meals. Vegetarian meals options. Special Diet (Supplement)
- Accommodation arrival day: Saturday
- Accommodation departure day: Saturday
- Travel pass included
The program includes varied supervised program of cultural, sports and leisure activities. Each week, students attend 5 half-day and 4 evening activities. There is also a full-day activity each Saturday, excluding the week of departure.
Examples of activities: city tour, swimming, bowling , Eco Museum, laser quest, old Montreal, visit to an amusment park.
- Full program (with accommodation): 1100 CAD per week
- Day program (without accommodation): 575 CAD per week
The price includes:
- 20 English lessons per week (15h/week)
- Homestay accommodation with full board
- Course materials
- Assistance and supervision from EC Team
- Supervised activity programme: 5 half-day activities + 2 evening activities + 1 full-day activity per week*
- End of course certificate
- Return airport transfer
- Travel pass
- Unaccompanied minor fee: if students are registered as unaccompanied minors with the flight company, there is an additional fee of 85 CAD per way.
- Canada Custodianship fee: in case the embassy requires a custodianship document, there is an additional fee of 155 CAD for providing this document. If you need the original to be sent by post, there is an additional fee of 75 CAD.
Note: the price does not include the flight and insurance which have to be booked separately.